- The Chief Of Defence Staff (CDS) General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin has reassured the general public and the good people of Zamfara state and environs of their safety as Operation Sharan Daji is focused on restoring peace and security in the entire area.
- This reassurance is coming after a debriefing of the CDS by the Force Commander of the Operation, Major General Stevenson Olabanji on 3 January 2019 alongside some Principal Staff Officers of the Defence and Services Headquarters.
- It will be recalled that attacks on innocent citizens in villages of Zamfara state became rampant in recent times hence, the debriefing became necessary to re-strategize the operation.
- Going by the debriefing of the Commander, progress is being made in the safeguarding of lives and properties of citizens within the Joint Operations Area.
- Operation Sharan Daji was established in Zamfara State to fight banditry, Kidnapping and rustling and currently engaged as part of Operation 777 nationwide.
Acting Director Defence Information