1. The troops of Operation FIRE BALL under Operation Lafiya Dole in continuation of their aggressive clearance operation to stamp out the remnants of the Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province criminals from their identified enclaves in the North East region have continued to record more successes. These achievements are as a result of the aggressive and responsive posture adopted by the troops throughout the theatre of operation.
2. On 24 November 2020, troops of 192 Battalion following actionable intelligent on BHT/ISWAP activities within Shyadawe Nagasino. The gallant troops quickly advanced and laid ambush on the criminals. On contact with the terrorists, the unrelenting troops engaged them with rapid gun fire. The terrorists withdrew in disarray as several of them fled with fatal injuries. Consequently, 2x BHT/ISWAP Criminals were neutralized. Items recovered includes: 3x AK 47 Rifles, 6x AK 47 Rifle Magazine, 2x Hand Grenades, one x wrist watch, 162 Rounds of 7.62MM Special, one x Motorcycle, one x Mobile Phone and One x Camel Backpack.
3. Relatedly on 21 November 2020, troops of 202 Battalion at Strong Response Area Bocobs sprang an ambush against the terrorists at Ngurusoye. One terrorist was neutralized in the process. Also a pair of Camouflaged boots and other items were revovered.
4. Similarly, on 20 November 2020, troops of Army Super Camp 12 deployed in Magumeri LGA of Borno State inflicted heavy casualty on some marauding Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals who attempted to infiltrate the well fortified Super Camp. The troops who were on high alert engaged the criminals with a heavy volume of fire which dealt a devastating blow on them forcing the criminals to flee with varying degrees of gunshot wounds abandoning some of their arms and ammunition. The unrelenting troops further gave them a hot pursuit and inflicted heavy casualties on the fleeing insurgents. In the aftermath of the decisive encounter, 6 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists were neutralized while one Gun Truck, one PKT Gun and one AK 47 Rifle were captured.
5. In another development, On 19 November 2020, troops of 151 Battalion while conducting a fighting patrol in Burari Village at the fringes of Sambisa Forest made contact with the criminals. The gallant troops engaged them with heavy gun fire forcing the terrorists to flee into the bush in disarray. In the aftermath of the encounter, 3 Boko Haram terrorists were neutralized while others escaped with gunshot wounds as traces of blood of dragged casualties by the criminals were seen during exploitation. Also one Dane Gun was recovered.
6. The troops of Operation FIRE BALL are hereby commended for their resilience, doggednes and commitment exhibited during the above encounters. They are equally encouraged not to rest on the successes so far achieved but build on them.
7. The entire populace of the North East zone are hereby assured of the determination of the High Command of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to finally rout out the remnants of the Boko Haram Terrorists /ISWAP criminals from their enclaves.
Defence Media Operations
27 November 2020